Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2012

Pulau Perhentian (Kecil)

After 2 weeks of finally simply travelling, it's time to update. After my last post I spent a very cool weekend in Singapore, seeing a lot of the city and spending some time with a friend of mine who lives there. I don't really have any interesting pictures to post of that trip, since I mainly just took some standard ones of the buildings and what not. The city is quite nice, but it's not really my type of place. It's too modern and expensive. The weekend after I went to a place that's more up my alley. 
Pulau Perhentian is off the North-eastern Malaysian coast. It has a big island and a small island (Kecil). Choosing the small island ended up being a great decision. The two main beaches are within a 10 minute walk from each other...so you really get two beaches for the price of one! What does one do on a tropical paradise island?
Chill
Pose next to German flags
Ease into the day with a teh tarik
Jump from lighthouses
This lighthouse was near one of the 5 or 6 unbelievable snorkling spots near the islands. A tour that takes you to 5 of them over a span of about 6 hours costs 35 Ringgit.,approximately 9 euros...yeah....I know. If you go snorkling in paradise this is what you might see...
Our guide
It wasn't all fun in paradise though. On the last day I was packing up and I realized that my shoes were missing. Now when you are travelling the way I am, you have shoes for certain purposes. These were my outdoor, running, walking, etc. shoes. Over the last 6 months these shoes have taken some serious beatings. I had them for a good 4 years...they have torn, been sewed up again...and lately they started to smell awfully bad. I always figured damnit you know that's what old shoes do, they smell! So, I stuck with 'em...but mainly because I had no alternative and I was going to Borneo for some jungle trekking in a week. So I left them on a boat in paradise. I can't think of a more worthy resting place for those bad boys and it calms me to think that they will always be there just chillin. 
RIP Nike's...you are literally in a better place now
They've already been replaced with awesome orange shoes that have just survived 5 days in the jungles of Borneo...pictures of which will take a little while longer to post :(
Don't want to end this post with pictures of old shoes...so Perhentian at low tide will do the trick...


     



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen