Freitag, 18. Mai 2012

Istanbul


You know, while travelling there is one thing which every traveler should never forget to do...and on a regular basis. Take a step back. Look at what you've done, where you came from, who you're with now, who you were with before you left...take in your surroundings at that exact point in time. Whether its standing on Galata Bridge overlooking Istanbul and the Bosphorous eating a fish sandwhich or sitting cross-legged by the Bosphorous at one of Istanbul's most famous nightclubs Anjelique. Take it all in...let it sink...remember that moment. Cherish the people you meet, take a step into their world, take them one step into yours. Problems will arise...whether its financial woes or sleeping place uncertainties. It doesn't matter. In your time of doubt, rely on others. Allow yourself to be vulnerable to other people's help. Your initial thought will be a hesitant one...should i really let this person be so hospitable to me. Then think...one day you will have the chance to repay that hospitality...and in full stride.

It's difficult to put every aspect of a long travel into words. It takes time...it takes repeated events...it takes moments for these words to appear clearly and in order. To me, however, the words are only a way for me to express to others what I am going through, or rather try to express. For me personally, being there is enough, and in future memories will be enough. In preparing for this journey, I experienced the truest form of happiness I have ever felt in my life. Finally going on this journey and being 5 weeks into it...I feel like this is where I want and need to be in my life right now. A very powerful and inspiring feeling to have.

As i freestyle this block of words, I am rocking out to two of my friends jamming. They are incredible and have a band here in Istanbul. Their music is in Turkish, but please check them out!

Iyi Gun Dostlari:


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen