Donnerstag, 12. April 2012

Istanbul

I came to Istanbul mainly to eat...so of course I've been eating like a sultan! The city itself is also very quickly growing on me. Of course its beauty and huge assortment of things to eat, drink and do are reasons for that. As most of you know I've been learning Turkish...and my favorite thing so far in Istanbul (of course besides the food) has been testing/practicing it. Anything from ordering in restaurants/cafes to asking for directions...last night for example a baker gave us directions back to our hostel and because I wished him a good night and a great work day in Turkish he gave us a freshly baked bread for free (at 5 AM)...not much but amazing nonetheless. I start working next week and because getting to places takes quite a bit of time here I'll probably be moving into a hostel during the week (got a special rate). Me and my  buddy Jett leave to Capaddocia today until Sunday...can't freakin wait

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen