Samstag, 30. Juni 2012

Istanbul

The first day I came to Istanbul I met with my friend's father to discuss my restaurant job. He spoke very little English to me that day, but he said one thing that just freaking stuck: "Istanbul is magic." At that time there was no way I could understand the truth behind those simple words. After 3 months, I can think of no better way to describe this place. This is a city that captures you very quickly and really just won't let go...and you're very glad it doesn't. I'm immensely proud I was able to find my way in this city, and when I mean "my way"...I really mean it.
Without the help and support of my incredible friends I would have been back in Germany 3 weeks in. Without the amazing people that offered me means of making money, and having a blast doing it, I would have been back in Germany 3 weeks in. Without the beauty of this city and the complete brilliance of the cuisine I would have wanted to go back to Germany 3 weeks in. When you sit at home preparing for something like this, you create a general idea of how you want things to go. The reality of it is, imagine your first steps...the rest comes so naturally that it's a force of its own. It drives you, you drive it and things just keep progressing. I know it's not for everyone, but everyone who can imagine themselves doing it, just has to go out and do it...and ASAP! Anything standing in your way can be overcome, any problem involved has a solution. Hell, it's not easy, but hot damn it's fun!
The number one thing I have realized on this trip is that there is nothing more rewarding in life than doing exactly what you want to be doing. This can easily be misconstrued though...I'm not saying go out and always do whatever the hell you want to do. What I mean is that the majority of people spend their lives doing what they "should" be doing, or what others tell them is right for them. Bullshit!! Really think about what you want to be doing, and take all the steps necessary to make that happen. It will take time, big things are processes...but you know that supposed myth "happiness" that everyone keeps talking about...it's real and it's achievable...and it's life on a whole 'nother level!

My family at Cozy Pub

My boys at the Hostel, i.e. my home in Istanbul

Istanbul it was a pleasure, it won't be long till we're reunited. Hadi görüsürüz kardesim! Kuala Lumpur in less than a day...un-freaking-real. Life is damn good. PEACE
One last thing...can you believe that this was my last ferry ride in Istanbul, on my last day in Istanbul. Do endings come better than this?










1 Kommentar:

  1. I like the last pharagraph of this post, just as we talked in my place, good points good views my friend. :)

    AntwortenLöschen